OUR MISSION AND VISION
The St John Paul College mission is to provide, in partnership with parents, a quality education in a Catholic, Christian environment, which fosters and nurtures Gospel values. The College strives to provide a safe, positive and productive learning environment, where all students can reach their full potential, spiritually, academically, creatively, socially and physically.
St. John Paul College encourages its students to:
- "have the humility to value others; to be open to life's grandeur and a willingness to be surprised and uplifted by goodness wherever they find it" - Jonathan Sachs
- be committed to developing as leaders in society rather than simply gaining a certificate of achievement
- work towards a just future rather than an economically satisfying present
- question whether what is scientifically possible is also humanly appropriate
- realise that Christian freedom is the gift of a God who allows us to make choices and be responsible for our own destiny
- understand that lasting peace is the product of a passion for justice and that a love that lasts is founded on forgiveness
- form a relationship with Jesus which leads them to practise the virtues he taught and to worship regularly with the Christian community
- know that wisdom is not found only in technological innovation and that the challenges of our time will not be solved by following a formula but by following Jesus and trusting in the assurances he gives.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life" (John 14:6)
St John Paul College, Coffs Harbour